Craig's development blog

The development world according to Craig. A bit of this and that from all over.

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

.NET disassembly tools

There comes a time in every developer's life when you just want to know how someone else did it. Yes I'm talking about disassembly of binary code, or in this case .NET assemblies.


Most .NET developers will know about a tool like Lutz Roeder's .NET Reflector which can do amazing things. Using the CodeDom it is able to reverse engineer methods to IL, C#, VB and Delphi on my machine. Yes I have Delphi 8.0 for .NET installed. But a tool like this is limited until it meets a really cool plugin like Denis Bauer's Reflector.FileDisassembler. It is able to dump an entire assembly into a file per class. It works like a charm from my initial experiments - I haven't tried to comple my Delphi.NET code as yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home